What Went Well:
• We had a very strong and capable squad of 16 players available today.
• For about 60% of the game we were the better footballing team.
• The first 25 minutes we were creating the play and our passing and movement was great to watch.
• During the first phase of the game we did not let the opposition play at all.
• We scored 2 well taken goals by Simon and Curt to give us a 2-0 lead.
• During the second half we started to play possession football again and create chances.
• The determination and effort put in by the players was evident.
• Overall, I hope the players can see what they can be capable of and come back revitalised for the next game.
• We should not be afraid of any opposition that we play this season with the squad players that we have assembled.
What Could Have Been Better:
• We made a number of minor mistakes which the opposition took full advantage of and scored their goals as a result.
• We ran out of energy as the game progressed.
Action Points To Work On In Trg & Future Matches:
Man of the Match: Luke James. A solid and strong performance provided in the middle of the pitch. He was strong in challenging for the ball and was able to hold onto ball and then distribute it well. He won the majority of the aerial battles. Chris Gaywood also had a noticeable performance in goal making a number of critical one on one saves as well as his handling and quick distribution from the back.