What Went Well:
• The commitment from all the squad players was evident throughout.
• We were always threatening when we were on the attack.
• I felt that we were in control and the better team for the majority of the game.
• It was good to see a number of players returning and playing in alternative positions which will now create competition for the limited match day places available.
• Our communication on the pitch during the game showed signs of improving.
• A draw would have been a fairer result.
• Yet again, it was a very encouraging performance by all squad members against another team from a higher league. All involved played their part well.
What Could Have Been Better:
• Although I believed that we were the stronger team for the majority of the game, we started to tire in the last 20 mins which led to a few lapses in concentration and allowed the opposition to get back into the game.
• We need to improve our communication and challenging against set pieces, predominantly at corners.
Action Points To Work On In Trg & Future Matches:
• Defensive set pieces.
• Match fitness
Man of the Match: Jack Gough. A very good match debut for Jack. He always provided an outlet and remained a constant threat when in possession and when chasing a ball. Through his persistence, strength and jockeying for the ball he forced the opposition’s defender into making a mistake and scoring an own goal, which gave us a well deserved lead.